Friday, May 05, 2006

My Studio

My studio has chocolate brown walls.

I have a white TV mounted over one set of Pottery Barn white cubicle things. (4 sets of 4).

These are filled with fabric swatches, preppy pink bags, and other oh so stylish containers that are filled with all kinds of sewing stuff.

My desk is actually a farm table I have placed in the center of the room and then painted white. Behind the desk is another group of 4 sets of 4 cubicles that house credit card machine, printer, files, invoices, and other fun "catch all containers". and one black chair and a fluffy floral seat cushion.

I have an antique white dresser that houses ribbons, and stationery.

In the "cove" is an overstuffed, yellow slip covered chair that is angled at the wall.

On the other side of the cove is my desk from when I was a child..now robin's egg blue. This houses my new "light box" where I take my photos for my website.

I can barely see the floor as we speak..b/c that is what happens when you put together a line in less then 24 hours.

I have some great prints on the wall that l can not even explain (except they are modern and abstract, yet vintage and tea stained..kind of looks like fabrics all at one time) and a coat tree that lots of belts are hanging from. There are currently 6 bolts of fabric in this studio and the rest is at my manufacture.

I have a funky striped vintage light on the TV side of the room. Two additional red and silver sort of modern lights are behind me...pot lights my husband installed in the ceiling..and a stand up light near the chair.

My desk is covered as well as my "invoice receiving" section of the floor with paper. I also have a "must pay this bill" row on the floor.

Fun mentionables include: One mint green bird cage, one rose topiary about 4 feet tall, and a large yellow ottaman under my desk that matches my chair..and is a good foot rest while I work.

No drapes, but wood blinds, and a sea grass wall to wall carpet.

There it is.

No comments: