Friday, May 12, 2006

16 Hour Day

So I left the house yesterday at 6:30 am sharp. Drove down to the event in Greenville, SC where I was to speak on a panel..and meet lots of cool women from "Ladies Who Launch". It is such a charming place..for anyone who loves great "Southern finds" this is an adorable spot. Did not check out the shopping..but I know there are a couple of great places tucked in here and there.

The event was great. I am not usually an "all day" seminar kind of girl..I would rather fry ice..then be spoken to by "industry chearleaders"..but the "Ladies who Launch" crew are truely unique. I enjoyed what the women had to say (except one chick..that I will not mention..but I wanted to gag after her pep talk speech)..

My panel's topic was the pursuit of balance. Ha. The contacts I made were priceless. It is rewarding to walk into a forum.. and people identify and recognize your company..and many women..who I have never met..have been following my "story" for a couple of years. That to me is really fun.

The ladies from the Bravo series "Blow Out" were the closing guests. They developed "Johnathan/Product"...and their behind the scence stories were great.

I got lost on my way home from the event..I do not have the foggiest idea how it happened..but I went an hour and a half out of my way..and didn't get home until nearly 10. My babysitter is a doll for hanging out with my girls all day. I have never been gone that long before..but they had fun..and were fast asleep when I got home..and the entire upstairs was cleaned to boot.

I feel like I am hung over this morning.

The agenda today:

1. drink coffee
2. photograph my new line this morning..or at least attempt to
3. drink more coffee
4. go to oldest's school for a mother's day lunch
5. relax and hang out with my 2 beautiful little girls.
6. go to bed by 8..haha

I am not even going to look for spelling errors. there. :-)

No comments: