Friday, January 05, 2007

The Interview.

Today my husband and I are going to "the interview". I say that kind of sarcastic.. b/c it really is not that way...

But down here.. the application process for a few private schools is quite detailed.

My youngest will be 5 at the end of March.. and the "steps" involved for the application process started in Sept. of 2006. I actually feel very bad for families that re-located to this area.. hoping to slide on in...

I think the competitiveness for "the slot" has a lot to do with some of the area public schools. North Carolina scored pretty low in the "graduating seniors...going to college" score out this past week... I think it was something like 38th place out of 50.

But like every statistic.. it is flawed it does not include ALL seniors.. just those in public schools.

But anway.. the interview :).. actually we are going over her test scores (whole 'nother story)..:).. is in an hour...

--

1 comment:

dmmlandcruiser said...

Best of luck! We are going throught the same process with Madigan for pre K. Her interview was in November and its like a secret society. They shuttle the parents to another building, stuff cookies and coffee down their throats, and eventually lead the children back to the holding area, all the while never telling you what the children did! It is worth it though, right?