Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Passion. Smassion

People ask me from time to time how I started what I do. There is not a simple single answer for them. I think your if you pay attention to your life, your passions will surface.

I came across a great survey from a book.. (which is not in this room..Otherwise I would post it..sorry).. The passage I read last night was about a successful man. At least at every angle he "looked" successful.. but he was miserable. He came to a crossroads in his life, and decided to send out 7-8 questions to the people that knew him best...when he received the heartfelt answers back..there was a common thread. He checked out of his job, cashed out of his savings...and started down a different path..out-earning what he had done before.

Questions like:

1. What is my best tallent? What am I really bad at?

2. When have you seen me at my happiest in life?

3. What job do you see me being fulfilled at?

..to name a few.

I think that is food for thought. I have a lot of friends who would like to be doing "something different".. or "something" at all. And life has a set of limits..be it a child's health.. or finances..ect.. but this is what is on my mind at 6 am in the morning...as I get everyone ready..and out the door by 7...

One other thing.. success.. how you define it.. I think.. dictates the choices you make...

--

Ok.. lightening up.. my new buddy, jan, from poppy talks (see link to the left) said some nice things about me today.. check it out if you get a chance.

2 comments:

jillskict said...

The book sounds like it would be a really good read, do you have the name of it and would you mind sharing it? Thanks!

Jan Halvarson said...

yes i'm curious now too - the other questions.....
and thanks for the mention!