Sunday, August 06, 2006

Fall Trends






The Fall trends. Not really NEW. The fabrics:

Corduroy
Tweed
Animal print
Wool
Velvet
Plaid

I should have gone to Vegas and bet my earnings that I would see a spread in a magazine that looked like Scottish plaids gone bad. Every Fall we see it.. the model strutting her stuff in head to toe in what looks like a wool blanket of red and black. Maybe she just came back from a hunting trip in the vast forests of England.

I have seen a bunch of faux tortoise and animal prints like the ones in the pictures above (J.Crew)... which I love. And I really do love so many of our favorite Fall fabrics.. I just despise the word "trend". Trend indicates that it is a "phase".. how long do these phases last.. b/c we seeeeee it allll the time...

1 comment:

Cloggsy said...

Lol, I know exactly what you mean! I was reading a magazine on the way over from the UK the other day (think it was British Marie Claire) and they had a woman head to toe in red and black plaid. I mean, who are they trying to kid?! It's bloody disgusting if you ask me!!