Wednesday, April 05, 2006

The Interview

So I have a radio interview tomorrow (4/6/06) with the beautiful ladies of "Chick Chat". I am slated to talk about my company..what I do..how I started..hardest thing I do..easiest thing I do..the funniest thing that has happened. SOO I thought I would make a list here to help me prepare for it.

HOW I STARTED:

I just had an idea..at the time my girls we 3 and 2 years old..and I had taken a series of sewing classes..and it just evolved..from an idea to reality. I just felt I could do something. I truly thought it was original..and off I went to the fabric store..one step after the other..things fell into place..opportunities happened...and poof...it really has never been easy..but I never felt like it was work.

WHEN IT IS EASY:

The design process. Trusting myself. Staying motivated. Understanding the idea I had..evolving it..staying current and new..but keeping it about personal taste..rather than come easy leave fast ..trend.

WHEN IT IS HARD:

The biggest disappointment has been my largest account of 100 stores filling Chapter 11..and so far I have not been paid..and I may never see it. Being discouraged and now under pressure to pick up the financial slack of it..it is draining..and some days are better than others.

If I am honest..seeing others "get things easy" is hard for me. However it motivates me to hussle even more and get the next sale.

Balance of family and work.

FUNNIEST THING:

Market is sooo funny. It is hard and tiring..and you are getting sized up all the time by buyers..and competitors..who walk around and get "new ideas"...it is funny to see it all play out in front of you. The nature of retail..and the cut throat atmosphere is very unique..certainly nothing I have ever experienced in the classroom. That is a "weird" funniest thing to list..but it is true..you are very vulnerable at market.."like..here I am..please like what I do"..it is like junior high..and the popular girls "choose" you or don't.

To see more about Chick Chat..log on to: www.chickchatradio.com and see how you can listen to them. It is for women by women..and they were just recently inteviewed on FOX NEWS. ..

Rock on CHICKS!

No comments: