Sunday, April 02, 2006

Designer days

So in my bio..I said I would share fashion sites and all the mess..and I will. But NO one does it better than Elisabeth from www.preppycafe.com. Talk about a girl who can shop! She has done a great job at getting the word out on the prepster lifestyle.

My job as I see it here is to share what a day as a designer is like. My fourth job (after wife, mom, and teacher)..is I design a line of women's, children's, and maternity belts. We also have a line of tote bags and our new tennis racquet covers online at: www.preppypotato.com. We are in nearly 200 boutiques and shops around the country..and growing each day. Self promotion is so not flattering..but as of right now..I have no readers..so it really doesn't matter. The glamorous life I lead as mentioned in the 2nd post (4 minutes ago) is really what I would love to share with you.

1. Wake up: 5:30 am
2. Email manufacture and others to start orders...check messages throughout day..answer sales calls throughout day on cell.
3. Get myself and 2 little ones ready for school: 6:00 am-7 am
4. Out the door at 7:15 am
5. Drop off child # one at school (she is 5 years old): 7:45 am
6. Drive child #2 and myself to work(4 year old comes with me to work..child care/preschool provided for staff (job #3 teacher) 8:20 am
7. Teach 4 classes till 12:15 pm
8. Come to studio: 1 pm-1:45pm answer emails from PR, manufacture, and other REALLY IMPORTANT PEOPLE:-)
9. Pick child #1 up from school: 2:00 pm
10. Come back to studio an make list of "fast errands related to shipping etc"..load children in car for a 30 minute jaunt.
11. Come back work some more
12. 4:00-7:00 pm it is time with children..I may be interrupted from time to time..however..you know how it is. during this time it is outside, bath, dinner...etc.
13. Hubby comes home between 5:30-6:30 pm..time with kids and dinner
14. 7:30 pm bedtime for the little ones
15. Time with hubby ..and then work until 11pm..setting up the next day with designs, contacts, talk with reps., production, sometimes grading..packing lunches, ironing clothes
16. Go to bed @ 11:30 pm each night if I am lucky.
17. Repeat the next day with some slight variations

I lead a glamorous life. I tell you the truth. and I love every minute of it!..:-)

No comments: