Friday, May 19, 2006

Really Something

So the article was published in today's paper. My dad said he could not go anywhere..not the post office, the newstand, the grocery store, to fill up his truck with gas..without someone stopping him and telling how cool the article about "his girl" was. To me, this is what it's all about.

I have not seen the actual article, only the online text of it..but he told me it was the front page of the "People" section...and onto another page. So my phone and email have been ringing and coming in off the hook. Well wishers..and people interested in my line..and just everyone who I grew up with that I have not seen or spoken to in nearly 10 years..

It started at 6:30 this morning..and has been so much fun all day long.

The last thing my dad said to me just now...was "Jen, this is really something."

I thought getting a picture in Lucky or InStyle..would be "really something"..but wrong again..this..having my parents explode with pride...that is "really something". We live 15 hours away from each other..but today..his little girl made headlines..and I am just so glad he could experience it...and even though I am talking about it..I am humbled they (the editors of the newspaper) thought it was "story enough" to feature me and my company.

2 comments:

lisagh said...

That is so touching and amazing! Congratulations Jen!!!

jennifer m. said...

Thanks Lisagh! :-).